PART 1: GETTING STARTED:
- Look at the program below and run it, what does it do?
- Do you see that the forward(100) moves the turtle forward and draws a line. The left(90) turns the turtle left 90 degrees.
- How do you think you turn it right 45 degrees?
- Using these lines of code create a Square, adding your code from line 12
- Can you create a Triangle? think about the angles.....
PART 2: SPEEDING TURTLE AND TEXT:
PART 3: CREATING SHAPES:
- The turtle has some pre-created shapes that can be easily drawn by their name.
- The code used is draw_square(tommy, "red", 100, -100, -75) where the first 100 represents the size of the shape. The middle number is the x position left or right where the turtle starts to draw from. The last number is the y position up or down.
- From line 11 onward, create a white circle
- Create a blue triangle (Illuminati confirmed!)
- Create a yellow star
CHALLENGE 2: DECORATE THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
- Santa's Elves have been busy wrapping presents but have forgotten to sort the Christmas tree. They have create a program to do it, but it needs finishing.
- Add code from line 13 onward to finish the Christmas tree
- Add a pot for the tree if you want a challenge!
NOW IT IS YOUR TURN, MAKE YOUR CHRISTMAS PICTURE: